Last week, my boyfriend and I together with our bestest college buddies went to Palawan for a three day vacation. As expected, Palawan is such a perfect creation! The Beach. The People. The Food. The Seventh Wonder of the World.
So in case you are planning a summer getaway, looking for a place to chill, or just want to escape all the crazy things here in the Metro, Palawan is the place to be 🙂 Just in case you are planning to visit Palawan, hope this blog entry may help you out! 🙂
- Since it’s my first time to visit Puerto Princesa, I just checked the ever reliable Trip Advisor for hotels or bed and breakfasts with good reviews. That’s where I found Palawan Village Hotel. The Hotel have good reviews – that’s why we decided to stay here. Our room only cost us Php 4200 for 3 days and 2 nights – and that’s good for four people. It’s kinda reasonable enough 🙂 The hotel staff were friendly and even though the place was a little old, I can say that it has been maintained properly, clean and comfortable. Its a five minute drive from the airport too, so thats a pretty good location. My only complain would have to be is that their wifi does not reach the rooms and they do not have much selection for their breakfast.
- Our first stop was the Honda Bay Tour – since we are already a group of four we decided to just rent a van (which only cost Php 1500) and a boat (Php 1500) so we can have our time all to ourselves. Although I found the Coron Tour better as I was in awe the entire boat ride, Honda Bay is still amazing. Our somehow under the sea adventure is a perfect way to start our Palawan escapade. All in all, the tour cost us 1300 per person which includes van transfers, boat ride, lunch, environmental and entrance fees, and snorkeling gear rentals.
- We allotted our second day for the Underground River Tour. For this one, its best to book online a month before your target date since there are a lot of reservations and they are only allowing a number of guests per day. We paid the amount of Php 1755 (includes Van Transfers, Boat Ride, Buffet Lunch and Tour Guide). Although the line wait is somehow frustrating, the Underground River Tour is worth every second of your waiting time – plus, our tour guide, Kuya Rene, is so entertaining. God is just so amazing having had created a masterpiece. My advise is that while waiting for your tour guide to get your permit, you can swim at Sabang Beach. Sabang Beach would probably be my favorite beach here in the Philippines – not so crowded and crystal clear.
- For our dinner, we ate at Balinsasayaw Grill. There are a lot of Grills and Restaurants along Puerto Princesa – so looking for a place to eat out is not a problem.
- We had our day tour for our last day at Puerto Princesa. We also rented a van so we can check out tourist spots here at Puerto Princesa.
- First Stop – Souvenir and Pasalubong Shopping! I found cheap accessories here in Palawan. I bought bracelets, sarong, and a necklace. Bargain indeed! For my friends and family, I bought cashew, tarts, magnets and danggit!
- Our next stop is Baker’s Hill – which is recommended for pastry lovers out there! Try their chocolate crinkles, hopia monggo with pork oil, and pandesal 🙂 Kids would also love this place because its more of a theme park as well.
- To wrap up our day tour, we visited Mitra Ranch, their Cathedral and Baywalk.
So that has been our Palawan Adventure. Will surely be back next year as Palawan is now officially my favorite place 🙂